Instagram feed ✿


I write verbose posts about polyamory, love, lust, and self-discovery on my other blog Victoria's Imaginarium.

Monday, July 23, 2012

When friends visited

Note: I have written this post halfway few days before Notty left us, and since I still need some time before I come up with the long long post in memory of Notty, I decided to finish this up first...


1. When Darren visited

Darren was the first friend of ours who visited Madison! His full name is Darren Shawn Cheah Tek Suen.   His surname is Cheah. IKR. He visited during thanksgiving break last year!


Rudy, Winnie, me


We went to our campus garden and the scene was so depressing because 95% of the plants were dead -_-  And it was raining! But we were lively as always hahaha. Guess what camera Darren used to take this picture? Guess right no prize lol. Confirm you won't guess it. This picture was shot by a DSLR and it was actually this blur, that's why I added filter to it! Darren ah Darren y your hand no steady. Old liao is like that one is it. Okay lah since you're 260 years old already. Lololol.

Btw I lost the rainbow colored umbrella earlier this year... Left it behind at the bus stop, went back to check, already gone. So in order to redeem my loss I bought 2 new umbrellas with ruffles at the edges :D cannot show you now, they are secret weapons for my upcoming photo-shooting! Ngehhhh


See I told you. Tok Cheah Darren Shawn Suen is 260 years old liao! That's why he got to sit in the middle. Must respect the antique.


Suddenly a female ghost possessed my body, went behind Bucky Badger and put my hair in the hole there. Everybody was very scared but Tok Darren was very calm. He said, "Fear not, because I am much older than the ghost."

The ghost left me and I became me again. After that we sent Tok Darren back to Minnesota museum hahahahaha wtf.



2. When Harry visited

Harry Telajan visited during Spring break this year! He is from a Sarawak tribe called Iban. His ancestor used to be cannibals at one point... He said his tribe people have an ancient sword (which the ancestors used to kill people?) and they have traditional practice to keep the sword spirit in rest. Of course now they lead modern lifestyle and are very civilized... (stating this in case you think Sabahans and Sarawakens live on trees or in caves)


Harry, me with potato cigarette, Rudy


Rudy and I walked 20 minutes to the airport to fetch Harry from North Transfer Point because iPhone Google Map app conned us!!! Stupid app. When we arrived at NTP and checked the bus schedule there, we found out that the connecting bus (also the last bus) had already left 5 minutes ago @#$%

Then Rudy and I walked to a nearby McDonalds for supper, and god it was so awesome. We spent less than $5 each and had fillet-o-fish sandwich (they don't call it burger here), fries, apple pie, sundae and large coke!!! See, when things don't happen according to our plans it's not necessarily bad :D if we didn't miss the last bus to the airport, we wouldn't have that cheap and awesome supper :D

Anyway we fetched Harry back to Rudy's place by cab and had a walk on State Street. Harry wasn't prepared for the cold cuz he studied at Arizona! It was a Friday night, and State Street was very happening. When we passed by a drunk girl who was sitting on the ground, hugging the tree and giggling to the crowd on the sidewalk, Harry went "Is this normal???" and his face was priceless. LOL
Then Harry and Rudy walked me home and when they stepped in my place, they were like 

Harry instantly validated my claim that my roommates were the worst roommates to stay with. That time the condition of my apartment was 10 times more horrible than this. Wait. Maybe 20 times. He posted on FB that my apartment was literally a hell to live in, and said he totally didn't expect it to be this bad because the pictures I posted earlier only showed 2D sight but when he stepped into my kitchen, it was 3D sight + smell + sticky floor! Seriously. There was egg yolk stain and flour and whatsoever on the floor, and the stove was completely covered in food stain, mountains of unwashed dishes in the sink, at least 10 trash bags, boxes in the living hall, strings of hair and dirt stain on the bathroom floor etc I don't even want to recall it anymore!!!!!! Thank God it was waaaaaay better now!!!!!!!!!!

This picture is so 1Malaysia! Rudy (Malay), Inthuja (Indian), me & HueyHuey (Chinese) and Harry (native-Iban).


Rudy took the following 2 chio pictures of me! Using iPhone camera!!! 200 points to Rudy.

pretending to be a part of the tree


still pretending to be a part of the tree. hahaha


on Bascom Hill


Went to Campus Candy to give Harry a treat because we have Buy1Free1 coupons. And this was my frozen yogurt which probably consisted of more topping than froyo...

What. We can add any toppings we want okay! The price depends on the weight. That lego brick thing was not edible to me... hard like stone. And I realized that I have made a horrific mistake by adding in the colorful mentos thingy after the mint coatings melted into the froyo... the whole mess tasted like cough medicine so I threw it away. Sigh.

Ceria also came but I didn't take a picture with her before she left to Chicago with Harry...



3. When PinChen visited

To my horror we didn't take pictures together 

Did we??? Couldn't find any on FB. Anyway PinChen doesn't read my blog, so never mind lah no need to write. Haha.



4. When Renu visited

It was right before our final week! Our school is one among the few schools INTIans and JPA scholars attend that practises semester system, so we were the last to have our finals while everybody was already having their summer break! FOL. And we were so disgusted (yes, that's the word) of studying at that time so Renu's visit was a good excuse to take a break!

Rudy, Renu, me and Chris at Maharani Indian cuisine restaurant! The tradition is that we must bring our visitors to this place because they provide lunch buffet every weekday at only $10.95 per person!!!!!!

The atmosphere was super cheerful and hyper!!! We were probably the noisiest table until the awkward dabao incident happened Will blog about it later, that incident deserves a separate post on its own lol. (i can imagine people who know the incident nodding to this statement wtf)


Me holding a dandelion at Lake Mendota. See the pattern now? lol


Chilling on the deck. Renu was all "your campus is so beautiful how do you guys even study in this vacation mood?!" Guess what? You were so fucking right. This is why we suffer! We were like monkeys living in a banana farm but not allowed to touch the bananas. God I am so good with simile wtf.

And this Renuka Manikam opps sorry Manikam is Inthuja's surname Devi was wearing that long-sleeved jacket because she wanted to "cover her tummy" wtf someone please scold her!!! What tummy!!! Tummy my gautama.


The whole point of wearing jumper is to make you look like a 10-year-old girl with puberty chest. Right.


Good attempt Renu, but it's my editing which makes your photography shines bwahahaha


cue "The Road Not Taken"... eh wait look at that Masrudy Omri


I mean seriously look at Rudy. Oh and those things were not dandelions but some random flowers.


I am probably the only sane human who carries an umbrella under the sun in Madison town. I am still doing it. I know you Americans love the sun but hey, I come from an equatorial country and it's not our tradition to BBQ our skin... although sometimes the wind is so fierce I am forced to not use my umbrella, or else I will be blown away like a dandelion wtf. I am not exaggerating. This is our school campus btw, the one which was barren when Darren visited during the winter although Darren is not barren ha-ha-ha I am not high


5. When Kah Wai visited

No picture = no story. Sorry Kah Wai...

Actually we did take one picture lah. But there weren't only me and Kah Wai in the picture... *ahem*

We went to State Street, Sotto, Geology museum and it was pretty enjoyable :) minus the weather. Kah Wai I love you no any less than I love Darren, Harry, PinChen (although I didn't write about his visit) and Renu but you know... *ahem ahem*

(please don't ask me why if you're not smart enough to figure out the meaning behind *ahem*)
Hint: check out the earlier post which I mentioned friends visiting



The DePaul gang also visited but I didn't meet up with them. But it's okay, Chicago is very near so I will surely see them in near future!

Who wants to be the next visitor? :D 

I am an awesome host as long as you don't come when I have tests! Ok lah I will still be awesome even if you drop by when I have tests but less awesome.


Here in Madison we have museumssssssss, zoo, botanical gardensss, Capitol building, State Street, bars and clubs, lakes, Ella's Deli (toy-themed restaurant) etc. to visit :D

Feel free to drop by!!! Right here waiting~



xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Nice write-up. You looked like an exotic animal in your leopard print, sitting by the water.

    You made me LOL with your comment on your, "jumper".

    I actually worked in Madison for 6 months at a previous company. I had to commute there for 3 months, and I stayed in the Holiday Inn for the last 3 months. I've been on State Street a few times in the bars, and at a pool hall that I don't believe is even open anymore.

    If I ever have a chance to visit again, I will expect a personal tour from YOU....especially since you made an open offer for your next "visitor". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha EXOTIC seriously?! Got me LOL wtf. I thought I look like a branch. And the "jumper", what do you guys call it?

      Send me an email if you ever drop by again :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah....you looked exotic with you dark hair, sunglasses, and leopard top. I didn't LOL over the word "jumper"....but the reason you said you that gals wear jumpers (it just sounded funny to me I guess).

    Hey.....just curious....do you have any American friends that you hang out with?

    Peace....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a bunch when I had my winter break at my boyfriend's place (his friends actually, does that count? lol). But here I spent ALL my time in the fucking library, I didn't even hang out much with my Malaysian friends T_T thought I could make some this summer, who knows all the members of the lab I am working at are foreign Asians -_-

      I am quite chill about it though... since I have already made a big bunch of international friends (of all kind of nationalities that people never heard before wtf) when I was active in United Nations events. Guess next semester is the time for me to get involved in UN club again, hopefully I can juggle my time better and finally make some American friends to hang out with :)

      Delete
  3. i cannot come this summer edi la. my appointment for consultation was schedule on 15th august, school reopen on 22nd. go purdue edi not enough time go ur place >< T_T i wanna visit ur place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Me me me me lol Winshi let's go together!

      Delete
    2. why suddenly your name becomes so fancy one

      Delete
  5. my story is largely on the other post *ahem ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are more Americans who live on trees than there are Sabahans and Sarawakians who do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you Harry or are you one of the tree residents?

      Delete