Instagram feed ✿


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Smokey Taboo by CocoRosie

I think I have listened to this song for at least 50 times within these 2 days. At certain points I felt like my heart was beating so intensely and my veins were gonna explode. 

If Lykke Li's music is my ear-gasm, CocoRosie is my...

Soul-gasm. 





When I first watched this I was like omg CocoRosie is real omg how do real people have voices like that omg the vocals just came out from their mouths I can't even

asdfjkopoplqkjhnhuoinhaoolk



"A strong, hypnotic number, humming with understated energy and intricate lyrical imagery. The slow-burning, sexy shamanic beat is overseen by Sierra’s soaring operatic notes as they take on a smoke-rising, totem bird grace, the perfect foil to Bianca’s tight, curling rhymes." --Source



Lyrics


They call her smokey taboo
I got your name tattooed
High like a helium balloon
Midnight to noon
I'm a desert child
And mountains make me nauseous

I like to look up wild at an infinite sky
Twinkling with diamonds
It's true I get depressed in fancy hotel rooms
Undressed with nothing to flaunt but my loneliness
Thinking of the night song of your hair
Premature as evening falls it calls to me
Interrupted by the sirens in the street

Cristal heaven, cristal heaven
Cristal heaven, cristal heaven

Somedays you're like an anchor on my heart
They say that stolen water tastes sweet
More like rotten milk and rancid meat to me
I prefers when it is free
Like looking at the stars
Don't need no fancy cars
When we first
Our kisses sparked
Yeah I'm afraid of sharks
But not the dark





Background

"Sierra and Bianca grew up roaming the Southwestern United States and Hawaii, the children of an artist/teacher mother who encouraged them to drop out of school and a father devoted to Native American/­psychedelic shamanism. The pair started the band while living in Paris, la-di-da, and recorded their first album, La Maison de Mon Rêve, in a (presumably claw-foot) bathtub."
--Source




xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, the music by L. Li actually sounds good to me. But this CocoRosie sounds kind-of like she took a deep breath of the contents of the, "...helium balloon..." (from her lyrics) before she started singing the song. LOL

    Maybe this group is one that grows on you the more that you listen to them....I dunno...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't explain! I think I easily develop a liking towards weird vocals and music!

      Delete
  2. RIP *passes a box of Kleenex* -- I figured that you may need them while you're writing your next post....

    ReplyDelete