Instagram feed ✿


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Spare me a break



See the reflection of the fluorescence lamps up there? This is a picture taken around 6am when I was staying up in the library to study like 2 weeks ago.

Never in my life have I studied as hard as I was after I came to this school. I don't want to brag about how hardcore I torture myself with studies. But seriously, it's not even 2 weeks after my last paper, I am enjoying my holidays, having sufficient sleep, having the fun I have missed out the last few months and I fucking deserve to have at least a few completely free of academics stuff and this dude told me,

"Go and study... you should at least study a bit lah..." 















Photobucket 

Photobucket

Photobucket


And there was also another dude, who went

"How's your grades? Tell me your grade lah! I can tell you mine. Never mind lemme me check it myself" and went onto my laptop trying to log in my student account.

FUCK

I can't believe I am saying this but really, whatever grades I got, as long as I passed I'd be happy because I have been working my ass off through this academic crisis I faced. I am okay if people ask about my results. But when I refuse to answer you, it means I want to keep it to my self, so be more considerate, especially if you're the type who don't have to study much but still get flying grades (I used to belong to this group of people, I think I am just taking a little longer to adapt).



Anyway the break has been lovely so far 
I will keep up the gratefulness! Will be going to lab again later this afternoon. Goodnight :)




xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I must admit, I didn't study much in college. Then again, I only ended-up with a B average when I graduated. Actually, I am proud that I did not read a single page in my physical chemistry book and still passed....but I definitely wouldn't advise it. :-)

    The key is to not get into too much debt with student loans, get a job in your field, and then after a few years of experience, if you're good at your job, you will advance and make some good money. (But I guess it depends on what your goals are).

    Don't listen to others, just study hard and make sure to get that degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It's either I'm still adapting to US teaching method OR genetics is really a tough major in UW-Madison OR I'm just less bright- ok scratch the last two. I must admit that some days I did slack. But I can tell I'm getting the grip :)

      Some say that my goals are unreasonably high, but I'm just gonna go ahead chasing those dream. Life would be boring without some challenges :)

      Delete
  2. I went to UW Milwaukee. There were some tough Professors, but it wasn't too bad. Madison is much tougher from what I've heard. Actually, I do think that you should push yourself to the maximum.

    You seem like a cool girl, and I hope that you achieve everything that you are dreaming of...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi Badger! My professors... *le sigh* I love the standard of their exam papers, sadly they didn't cover those in lectures wtf. My classmates were gathering outside the exam hall cursing, some suggested to send complain email to the department. lol

      Delete
  3. What the hell.. That fella damn thick face and deserve to get a slap. Honestly I never tell people my grades before, no point telling them and letting them compare also. -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most ask-for-slap part is that he has been scoring 4.0 for 2 consecutive semesters asdfghkjljoiuojb

      Delete