Instagram feed ✿


I write verbose posts about polyamory, love, lust, and self-discovery on my other blog Victoria's Imaginarium.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Olivia Binfield, the 8-year-old animal protector

I cried when I watched the following clip for the first 3 times. And I have watched it near to 10 times thus far.



Cuteness overload!!! And her passion for animal warfare is so touching T_T


Endangered Animals
Come on don't you have a heart?
You don't want these animals to depart?
Forget the x factor and the top ten singing chart,
What about the endangered animals and the poison dart.
The arnour leopard, the Siberian tiger and polar bear,
They are so gorgeous, it is just not fair.
If I say their Latin name, will you listen more?
Oh Louis please do nt say this is a bore.
Varanus komodenis, komodo dragon by the way.
Why does man have to take them all away?
Man you are such a fool.
Snakes killed alive for handbags that is just not cool.
Please listen to my passion, although it may not be in fashion.
I can not sing it, you might laugh,
I can not dance, you would say I was daft.
But I am seven
And I want these animals to last !!
Source: http://www.oliviabinfield.co.uk/


Because of her compassion for animals, Olivia decided on her own at age 3 not to eat meat.

Going, going, gone
You may say I am only seven,
But I don’t want the animals to go to heaven
before they have a decent life,
I don't want them to be cut up with the butchers knife,
You may say I am rather small,
But what I believe in my heart is big and tall,
Endangered animals need to be saved,
those who hunt and kill them are depraved,
Michael I hear you do a funny pitch,
But it is no joke when the red lemur ends in the ditch,
David I hear you are from the big USA,
So help us to keep greedy poachers away,
Forget Baywatch - lets animal watch eh!
Beautiful, peace loving vegetarian Amanda,
You share these traits with the giant panda,
The black rhino has lived for a million years,
Why kill it for its horns, that's just superstitious fears,
The African Wild Dog,
The Pigmy Hog,
The Hamilton Frog,
The Hispid Hare,
The Polar Bear,
The Common Skate,
Who are WE to decide their fate !!
Source: http://www.oliviabinfield.co.uk/



Eyes, red like fire,
Exquisitely designed skin,
We cannot let the beautiful tiger end up in the bin.
Watch him glide gracefully above the green jungle floor,
Yet only three thousands left in the wild,
There should be more!
Greedy poachers breaking the laws,
Ridiculous beliefs by humanity all must be shown the door.
We must not let the creature disappears,
For that is my most dreaded fear.

To be frank, I never give a damn to how domestic animals live before they are slaughtered. And I still don't. I think I only care about animal rights when it comes to cute animals I love... cats, alpacas, dolphins, rabbits, giraffes, otters etc! Shame on me I know.

Somewhat I feel that anti-fur and anti-skin activists are hypocrites. Unless they are vegetarians. I mean seriously, what makes foxes, tigers, crocodiles and whatever animals human kill for vanity deserve more dignified treatment than chickens, ducks, cows and lambs? Just because the latter animals reproduce in big number whereas the former are facing extinction? Isn't this speciesism?

Hence vegetarians are speciesists too! Plants are also living things what? Plants do have feelings although they can't move around and make noise like the animals. Just google it and here is one article about it.

You get my point?

I do feel deeply for saving endangered species though. It is just sad if the future generation has to see these animals (and plants) only from pictures and videos.

Yes I care just because they are endangered. :/


Hats off to you, Olivia.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment