Instagram feed ✿


Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Year's Eve Party at an LGBT Nightclub

ALOHA! Greetings from Bothell, Washington 

Guess how I celebrated my 2012 New Year's Eve? (yeah right, it's already a fortnight ago... time flies!)


Pick any captions provided below:

A) It was my first NYE celebration ever!!!
...... so what the hell was i doing during the past 19 NYE's???

B) It was my first UV paint party ever!!!
.....yes like what you see in Black Eyed Peas' I Gotta Feeling MV!

C) It was my first time sneaking into a supposed 21+ nightclub in USA!!!
......while both SK and I are only 20 :D

D) It was my first time going into an LGBT nightclub!!!
......definition of LBGT? hang on


E) It was my first time to see so many lesbians and gays and un-spot-able bisexual and transgender making out and humping each other and half of them were gorgeous omfgwtf!!!
......got it now? ;)

Well actually D and E are pretty much about the same thing but of course I like E better because it is longer  oh yeah and the tone is more hyper wuahahahahaha!

Okay cool down cinnamon roll. Breath.

Hehehehehehe.

I think the event poster explains better. Here.


We missed the free glowing shot at midnight but had everything else mentioned in the poster! Blasphemy.

Sotto was newly open and it is the one and only LGBT nightclub in Madison. Found out about this event on Google 3 days before NYE and got all excited! Then I was looking for the age limit but couldn't find it from the poster & official website & Facebook event page. The reason I was checking was because the legal age to drink in USA is 21. And NYE parties are always one among the big events in nightclubs so they usually limit the entrance to 21+ people since 18+ people are not allowed to buy booze and the clubs for sure want to maximize profits by letting in people who are gonna burn money on booze.

So SK called them twice in 2 different days to ask about it but nobody picked up. Emailed them, no reply also. I thought the club was like so lansi tak nak peduli orang yang belum sampai 21 (wtf), hence I started searching for 18+ NYE parties and only found one which charged people under 21 five more dollars. Made it our second choice.

my outfit on NYE night


Went straight to the club by bus after visiting Vitense Golfland (will blog about this in another post). Buses were free on NYE night, loaded with mostly young people who dressed up nicely to go clubbing. I tell you if you were with me you'd be super impressed by the ladies, it was like -8°C yet most were in short dresses and high heels O_O They did put on winter coat but their legs were totally uncovered! And fyi the roads were damn slippery because of the thin coat of ice on the ground, if I didn't grab SK's arm tightly I could have slipped more than 10 times (I have no one to blame though, I bought fashionable but cheap boots which have rather smooth sole hence lousy grip) and these ladies were wearing at least 3 inches pointy heels having hardcore practice to become American's Next Top Model. Of course they did shiver while walking on the streets or waiting for the bus, but I supposed the cold should be bearable to them after clubbing since they would feel warmer after a long drinking session and most would actually call cab to get home.

Anyway, we reached the nightclub and queued up at the entrance. When it was almost our turn, I nudged SK to ask whether there was age limit. He showed me the nah face and handed his passport to the person in charge.

The person glanced at SK's passport. I was all prepared to take rejection.

But she said "AWESOME!" and handed back the passport to SK. I handed her mine and she said "GREAT!" with a wide smile and put on a glowing paper bracelet around my wrist.

Then we went in like a boss like two bosses :D

Welcome by...


Hahaha no lah. Pictures with grey border were stolen from their event album. When we went in of course they were already busy serving the customers.

By serving I mean mixing drinks. Coat check. Refilling UV paint etc.
(must clarify because serving in this context sounds a little kinky to me hehehe)

note the glowing paper bracelet above the glowing stick


I doubted if we could buy drinks but soon we noticed that everyone had the glowing paper bracelet on the right wrist! (which I thought to be a distinction they made between above and below 21. The other bar we went stamped U21 on our hands. Will blog about it next time) There was no way the bartender could know whether we were legal adult so SK went and bought a redbull mixer.

I was a little tired so I drank the remaining redbull wuakaka.


Then we went to the corner with UV paint supply and started painting ourselves. Only blue and orange were free (in the two pail), other colors needed extra payment. Why ah??? Blue and orange very much cheaper ka? Can anyone google it and tell me thank you lol.

I was with zero make-up!


Also no need to photoshop. Heh. Drew an Ankh on my palm.


So committed to my blog right lol. (yeah and didn't update for dunno how long wtf)


Yes my actual chin is this sharp but I often PS it to be rounder.


the bartenders


clearer view


So we walked around to check out the place, suddenly a black uncle-aged man patted on SK's shoulder, mumbled some words and walked away. The music was loud so SK couldn't hear him. A while later when we were warming up at the dance floor, the man came to us again and mumbled to SK, pointing at me and nodding. We gave him fake smile and continued dancing. After a few minutes, we realized that he was standing at a corner nearby staring at us wtf?! I felt uncomfortable so I asked SK to leave the dance floor to get another drink. 

We went back to the dance floor after we finished the drinks. I looked around to make sure the creepy man was not around but after some time, there he was again--at the corner staring at us with a weird smile!!! We I was like wtf was he interested in me or what!!! Some more I was wearing white so it's easy to want to follow us everywhere in the club!!! 

SK: "Maybe he is interested in me?"

I stared at him and we both went


I even suspected that he might be a model hunter or something! But he could have been given me his name card if he really was so I concluded that he was just a creepy uncle.

We left the dance floor again and this time we sat for quite a long time. When we went back he finally disappeared :D

Spotted a few more uncles who stood at the corners and occasionally took out their phones to snap pictures. My guess is they just came to take pictures just so they could brag on social sites wtf. They didn't even take off their winter coats. And they were alone. And they didn't dance. Nor drink. So don't tell me they were there to party!



10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... WELCOME TO 2012!!!


this guy is seriously gorgeous okay


Meanwhile... 

1) A girl was searching all over the floor because she dropped her diamond earring. 

2) Weird uncles magically disappeared. Did they have some kind of curfew or what?

3) We repainted ourselves cuz the paint was free anyway.

looking like Red Indians


4) SK took my hand to smack a gay bartender's ass at the dance floor. I think this was the one:



5) A few tomboys gathered at a corner and took off shirts. All wearing black bras. Is it like a uniform or something?

too bad I like to watch girlish lesbians not boyish ones :P


6) Gays started kissing passionately and humping. They were much fun to watch than lesbians!

Okay that's a tomboy but I wanna show you the gay-humping posture. 

Some were in tight boxers so I could actually see the shape of their slightly erect ding dong wtf hahahaha. I asked SK to look and he went



7) We went outside and stood on the street with only one layer of clothes to gasp for fresh cold air. I dunno what was the point but we tahan for quite long until we could no more bear the cold then quickly ran back in.

8) A lesbian couple came out from the same cubicle while I went to the toilet. Woots!

9) Glowing shots tasted really nice 

10) Saw a girl pulling up her fishnet stockings from below the knees after snuggling with boyfriend at the corner! Did they just......?




We left the club at 3.00 a.m. to catch the bus back home. Usually there is no bus in between 12am and 5am but there was special bus service that day.

We waited at the junction for 40 minutes. Buses passed by in all directions except from where our bus should come from! We even saw fire truck passing by 3 times. Might be the same truck cuz we saw them (it?) on the same road but from opposite directions wtf. There were police cars along the street, our guess was that there were road block at the far end of the road. In the end we gave up and walked for 20 minutes in the cold back home.

Things observed on the way back home:
1) Drunk people.
2) Angry people dialing the phone. They wanted to get cabs but the lines were too busy.
3) Sober people chasing after cabs.
4) Hungry people crowding the restaurants which were still open.
5) Ladies on heels with exposed legs shivering in the cold. They couldn't even walk properly.
6) Snow flakes falling from the sky.
7) A musician playing violin at the roadside. Another at the far end playing saxophone.

Once we reached home I immediately collapsed. Didn't even bother to change my clothes or wash off the paint. 

The paint is not washable anyway cuz it's not water-soluble... but scrub-able. And it is not quite visible under normal light, thick layer of UV paint on skin looks like a layer of dried glue. A few strands of arm hair was sacrificed during my attempt to scrub it off.

-The End-


xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Be careful okay. The locals here in UK's clubs, I notice they like to pick up Asian girls and then mouth-to-mouth lock straight -.-" or they start... molesting. :/ Friends who went for a night out, came back traumatized lol and made a promise nobody is to speak a word about it after that night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happened to my seniors too :\ which was why I went with SK who knows taekwando hahaha. But still quite dangerous lah if the opponent is muscular......

      Delete
  2. We here is like you can enter the pub in any age but you will need to show you ID when wanna buy drinks, maybe is the same thing there too, that's why you guys can go in :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No leh, this one is nightclub. I'm not sure about the distinction between bar and pub, but usually it's bar&grill which any age can enter but need to show ID when you wanna buy drinks, whereas pub checks ID before entry. Banyak mafan!

      Delete