Instagram feed ✿


I write verbose posts about polyamory, love, lust, and self-discovery on my other blog Victoria's Imaginarium.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Death of Amy Winehouse


3 of my favorite female jazz singers: Amy Winehouse, Norah Jones and Adele. I like Amy Winehouse the most because of her wild, punky look (and lifestyle); Adele the least because she doesn't look as pretty as the other two. Yep I weigh physical appearance more than talents when it comes to celebrities.

I know it's shallow. Can't help it.

Anyway, I'm writing this because Amy Winehouse was found dead at her London flat a few hours ago. She's only 27, same age with Nicolekiss and Xiaxue... sigh.


Just checked my FB and found out that Amy Winehouse is the first in the music column on my info page. It's hard to find someone I like this much, I like her style and her music a lot. I like how she sang about helplessness towards temptations. I like how she gave the look of 'I don't give a damn'. I like her blatancy.


And I'm not surprised that she died at this age--she had been on drug and alcohol, having a quite notorious reputation in relationships, leading a decadent life. Her tattoos and piercings sorta hinted us about how troubled she was, as shown in this music video:



"... then you notice little carpet burn,
My stomach drops and my guts churn,
You shrug and it's the worst,
Who truly stuck the knife in first

I cheated myself,
Like I knew I would
I told you I was trouble,
You know that I'm no good..."


I'm wondering... Knowing that over consumption of drug and alcohol was bringing her closer to death, did she ever try to stop? Was she ever worried that people who love her would be sad if she died?

Probably yes, probably no. She couldn't care more because no matter how people cry for her...



tears dry on their own.


xoxo
Crazenne

No comments:

Post a Comment