Instagram feed ✿


Sunday, November 14, 2010

UNAM dinner without PM

Heh! Didn't blog for more than 2 weeks. Do you still remember I mentioned about my only pair of baju kurung in Selamat Hari Raya? And here is the picture of me wearing them!


As the title says, it was the Prime Minister's Address 2010 & Dinner held by United Nation Association Malaysia (UNAM) at The Royale Chulan. And yeah it was without Prime Minister because he got chicken pox on the same day (1st of November). So all my showing-off to SooNee Tan who has met Barack Obama became an epic failure. zzz

The subtitle of this post: the most boring function I've attended.

Skipped my ENL102 class from 4-6pm, waited for Miss Lilian, the head of Student Affairs Office (SAO) to pick us up. Stuck in a traffic jam for almost 1 hour, reached there around 6pm.

And the boredom started.





We arrived early (earlier than all reporters and photographers wth). Hence I sat at the corner shown above.

7.00pm-- The waiters came and served the pre-dinner drinks at Foyer:


tit-bits

Miss Lilian and I


8.00pm-- Proceeded to the dinner hall



8.05 pm-- Arrival of Raja Muda Perak (Prince of Perak State) representing PM. It took only 2 minutes to reach the dinner hall from the entrance but the parade took 15 minutes because basically the cameras were shooting so they had to walk in elegantly, pretending to talk about some important whole-country-related issues and appeared good on screen. So we watched their tour patiently.....

8.10pm-- Welcome Remarks by Organizing Chairperson, YBhg Tan Sri Razali Ismail

Oh I dunno whether this person was the MC. We all agreed that the MC's face looked petrified :P He started in BM then put his hands together above the microphone, minta ampun from Raja Muda Perak to speak in English.

8.15pm-- Dinner was served


First came the bun and butter (the yellow thing above). I dislike bread as much as I dislike rice but still I finished my bun 'cuz I was really hungry. While waiting for the next dish, I finished a jar of milk on our table which was supposed to be added into our coffee at the end of this dinner. I love milk :D

These 2 dudes are the Vice Presidents of INTIMA (student government)of INTI International College Subang Jaya.

Forgot to take pictures of all the main dishes. Well it doesn't matter at all 'cuz none of these dishes evoked my desire to mention them in this post...... In short, the dishes tasted weird, bitter and sour. (which explained why my fork fell onto the carpeted floor. Dissatisfaction! hahaha)

The most edible-tasting was the dessert:



Dinner was over. Followed by the peak of boredom.
9.30pm-- Speech by UNAM's President, YM Tengku Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ahmad Rithaudden


Proofs of my boredom:






9.40 pm-- Keynote Address by Raja Muda Perak
(reading the prepared script for PM)


More proofs of my boredom:



Reached hostel around 1.30 am, turned in at 2am and missed the 8am class. Fabulous.


Okay I know I should sound more appreciative... but honesty is the best policy? '___'
Goodnight~



4 comments:

  1. You look great in baju kurung!

    Hey you should blog about your kittehhhh =}

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree with rudy
    kitten post pls~
    ppl concern bout the kitten more than you xD

    ReplyDelete